Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Bookmark and Share
File #: R-298-19    Version: 1 Name:
Type: Resolution Status: Second Reading
File created: 6/10/2019 In control: Public Utilities Department
On agenda: 7/9/2019 Final action:
Title: Resolution in support of the City of Toledo applications to the Toledo Metropolitan Area Council of Governments (TMACOG) Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) for the purpose of obtaining financial assistance for transportation infrastructure projects; and declaring an emergency.
Attachments: 1. Audio: Agenda Review 6/18/2019, 2. Audio: Council Meeting June 26, 2019., 3. Audio: Agenda Review 7/2/2019, 4. Audio: City Council Meeting July 9, 2019.

Label

DPU062519TMACOGFundingApplications

Engineering Services

Timothy Grosjean (x1344)

Revised

 

Title

Resolution in support of the City of Toledo applications to the Toledo Metropolitan Area Council of Governments (TMACOG) Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) for the purpose of obtaining financial assistance for transportation infrastructure projects; and declaring an emergency.

 

Body

SUMMARY & BACKGROUND:

The TMACOG Transportation Improvement Program is responsible for disbursing federal transportation dollars to local governments through a competitive application process.  These funds are available to a variety of transportation related project types such as road, bridge, and traffic signal work.  Successful projects are typically awarded grants of 80% of project construction costs with the city responsible for the remaining 20%.  City departments will be participating in multiple application rounds in 2019.

 

Passage of this resolution supports the funding applications prepared and submitted by the Department of Public Utilities and the Department of Public Service through the TIP program.

 

Summary

NOW, THEREFORE, Be it resolved by the Council of the City of Toledo:

 

SECTION 1.  That the Toledo Metropolitan Area Council of Governments administers financial assistance for transportation infrastructure projects through the Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) and that the City of Toledo desires to seek this financial assistance in calendar year 2019.

 

SECTION 2.  That the mayor is authorized to prepare and file such applications to the TIP for financial assistance and to provide all information and documentation required to become eligible for possible funding assistance.

 

SECTION 3.                     That, in the event of a grant award and subject to availability and appropriation, the City of Toledo agrees to obligate the funds required to satisfactorily complete the proposed projects and apply for reimbursement under the terms and conditions of the TIP. 

 

SECTION 4.  That this resolution is declared to be an emergency measure and shall be in force and effect from and after its passage.  The reason for the emergency lies in the fact that same is necessary for the immediate preservation of the public peace, health, safety, and property and for the further reason that this resolution must be immediately effective in order to facilitate the funding applications for these important projects.

 

 

 

                     Vote on emergency clause:  yeas _____, nays _____.

 

                     Adopted:  _________________, as an emergency measure:  yeas _____, nays _____.

 

 

Attest:  _________________________                                          __________________________________

                                          Clerk of Council                                                                                 President of Council

 

                     

Approved:  ______________________                                      __________________________________

                                                                                                                                                                                              Mayor

 

 

                     I hereby certify that the above is a true and correct copy of a Resolution adopted by Council _________________________.

 

 

Attest:  _________________________

                      Clerk of Council